If a Picture Is Worth 1,000 Words… What About a Video?3 min readReading Time: 3 minutes
It’s 2023 and content is still king, but he’s probably dancing on TikTok, posting an Instagram reel, or running a series of short videos on YouTube. In other words, he can’t get enough video! And neither can we.
While pictures, infographics, webinars, and articles will always have their place, video is the popular new kid on the block—yes—even for B2B marketers.
5 reasons you need video in your marketing strategy
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users, according to WordStream.
- Emails really stand out. In fact, 75% of top-performing sales professionals who use video email say it increases their response rate.
- Cisco projected that in 2022, 82% of global internet traffic would come from video. Your brand needs a piece of that pie!
- 96% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- One-third of all online activity is spent watching videos.
Is it déjà vu all over again?
Remember when everyone was saying print was dead and it was digital “whodunit”? Well, here we go again. But this time around we know better! The introduction of digital technology opened new doors for your cross-channel content strategy. And video will too.
Video isn’t replacing any other communication channels—but it’s certainly becoming essential for your content strategy. Be sure to discuss the role of video during your campaign development process and find ways to use video to support your existing campaigns. Here are some ideas:
- Add it to your webinar presentations. This will improve attendee engagement and create an immersive experience that helps with information retention.
- Use it for the creative on your paid and organic social media posts. Bonus points if you can integrate a trending song or challenge.
- Don’t skip stories! Post your videos on your social stories to level up your engagement.
- Create a YouTube channel. Highlight your product and share how-to videos on your own channel.
- Integrate it into product pages. Your website will hold a visitor’s eye longer with video incorporated into pages.
- Share authentic customer testimonials on social media. And it’s okay if the videos aren’t highly produced! Your audience will appreciate that you keep it real.
Related Content: Looking for an easy way to jump-start your video efforts? Turn that long-form webinar into short-form videos and insightful pearls for social media.
You’re all in on video! Now what?
Once you’ve convinced the few remaining naysayers of the benefits of video and have opportunities included in your marketing strategy, you’re ready to go!
Here are 3 things to know right from the start:
- Keep it short! For Facebook and Instagram, 60 seconds is the sweet spot. For explainer or how-to videos, especially on YouTube, you can go longer.
- Make it look good. Audiences forgive poor audio, but not poor visuals.
- Give it subtitles. It could be easy to skip, but since the soundtrack of social media is often silence, it’s worth it to add those subtitles.
Get started with Brief Media
If you’re ready to bring your vision to life and activate your audience with captivating videos, Brief Media can help. The Brief team has two new ways to give you content that aligns with your brand:
Visualize a case study or clinical topic with a 2-minute animated video and Brief Media will manage the script, storyboard, and production. And then it’ll be promoted for 30 days, including on social media, the Brief newsletter, native ads, and cliniciansbrief.com.
We’ll help you distill your existing webinar or podcast into 2 meaningful minutes of quick-hitting takeaways. Scripts are read by a Brief Media veterinary officer or a key opinion leader, maintaining a high level of clinical authority across all videos.
Ready to create your next video? Reach out to the Brief Media team today.
Connect with Us
Want to schedule a planning meeting? Complete the form below to connect with an account manager.